Tuesday, July 21, 2009

You just have to laugh when...


Your son learns how to use the word "GRUMPY" (Thanks Backyardigans!). So it was 5:30pm and I was in the middle of dinner when Tye says,"Gotta pee", so I shoo-ed him to the bathroom. He has been doing so good going in the potty, I thought I would give him his privacy and let him go with no supervision...well, a few seconds later, I hear the music from the potty, so I smile like a proud mommy would and then I hear, "OH NO, MOMMY I NEED HELP!" I am thinking, what could go wrong? So I walk in and see Tye standing on top of the potty chair trying to pee like a dad would, and of course he is upset because he made a wet mess all over the floor. The majority made it in, but his aim was not the best. So I am like, "YUCK! You can't stand on the potty that way." So he gets his rag and proceeds to clean it up and then instead of standing to empty the potty, he is sitting on the floor when he tries to empty it and he spills it all over the floor. "YUCK!, YUCK! TYE!" I said, with a loud groan of frustration. I just wanted to finish dinner. So Tye looked up at me with his big eyes and said, "Mommy, are you grumpy?, Why are you grumpy?" I could not help but laugh, and we both laughed together and I asked him, "Where did you hear that?" and he replied, "the Grumpy Emperor on The Backyardigans." Then Russ walked through the door. Hope that brings a smile to your face today. :)

4 comments:

christina said...

:)

so are you going to make a scrapbook page titled "mommy are you grumpy?"

i think you should...friday night. :)

Jamie said...

too funny! it's scary how they pick up these new vocabulary words and even use them in the right context! So is the take-away lesson for the rest of us about to enter potty-training land "2 yr. olds do not need privacy?" ;)

Bethany said...

Yes, I think a scrapbook page is in order...Jamie, wanna come? :)

Jamie, Right ON!! No privacy necessary and they actually enjoy the company. Tye likes to share all his thoughts as he rests upon his throne. Cracks me up, still!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! A comedian in the making. This one is for the books. Love, Grammy