Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hello to all...

Whew, again I realize how long it has been since our last post, and if you still check this blog...thank you and sorry! I will try to do better for grandparents and friend's sake. We have had a busy few weeks, but most of that is the joy of fall with Mother's Day Out in full swing and Bible Study starting up after a summer hiatus. I am enjoying both of them very much and with Tye's friend who is a month older than him turning 3 tomorrow, I am realizing how quickly this fall is flying by and how I did not even realize that the holiday season and all of our winter birthdays are here already. It seems to happen so much earlier and quicker each year. Jax is 9 months now (and I should be back to my pre-pregnancy weight, right?...close, but no cigar. It is still on my to-do list) and Jax is a master army crawler and starting to try and pull up on things, much to his amazement and joy. He gets very giggly every time he is up on his feet (with help). He is all about Tye's toys right now and gets frustrated when Tye does not let him play with them and Tye gets frustrated with the fact that Jax won't stop trying to take them from him. Oh joy for a mom. I am already playing referee. Tye is doing awesome...he says the most hilarious things right now, but still can't quite get that "L" sound, so the other day, he fell at the park and if you ask him what he hurt, he said, "my wips" (my lips :), and at school he did not get to to be the "wine weader", which took me a while to figure out...lion reader...line with her...oh...line leader! He is still obviously "two" and I often wonder how long kids are actually "two" if you know what I mean. He tests every boundary and ounce of patience, but we are getting there. Here are a few pics from the past week or so...

We took a family outing with Russ's parents to Hockley to ride a kid size steam engine and it was a blast. Thanks Grammy and Pappa for the fun train engineer hats. Yes, Jax loved the DP as well (j/k).


So, then...we decided to dress up this year for Tye's Mothers Day Out, Reformation Day and Fall Festival. I thought...he loves pirates right now, so...of course he would love to dress up as a pirate...WRONG!! It took me 2 pirate outfits and a few fits, for me to realize how unimportant it was for Tye to dress up. I mean I don't enjoy being uncomfortable in my clothes, why should I make him? So I gave up/gave in, however you want to look at it, and was perfectly ok with him going in his typical jeans and tshirt. Then, out of nowhere, he decided he wanted to try it on (aka...being "two"), so I was able to snap a few pics of him in it in that 5 minutes that he wore it. Yep, that was the last time he put it on. So, if any of you want a 3T/4T pirate costume for next year...it's yours.



Jax getting in on a little of the pirate action...AAARRRGH, Walk the plank!



So...round 2. I decided since he loved his train engineer hat so much, he could dress up as a train engineer and that was a winner. All is well.



At the end of the day, we had a wonderful time at the KFBC Fall festival and he did not want to take that hat or bandana off.



Blessings,
Bethany

3 comments:

christina said...

well THERE you are! I have been anxiously awaiting and loving the updates! i love enjoying our boys together and that we are on the same road in our motherhood. It's a joy to walk it with you. Thank you for sharing and you look beautiful, that number on the scale is nothing compared to the beauty of motherhood! (at least, that's what i keep telling MYSELF!) :)
muah!

Papa and Grammy said...

Oh, Bethany, how delightful it was to read your blog. Can't believe Jax is pulling up; won't be long before you'll be chasing two. The pics of the boys are so precious -- great memories. Glad the train hats worked. Much love, Papa and Grammy

business card said...

Very delightful, grateful memories.