Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Guatemala...Day 5 attempt 2

So I thought that I would just post, instead of email about our trip. Sorry, no pics as of yet. I left my camera cord at home along with batteries. As far as I can tell, that is all that I forgot, which considering travel with a 7 month old, is a pretty good feat. I might try to post some pics from other peoples camera's, but we will see.

The trip so far has been absolutely wonderful! We are finally getting into somewhat of a routine and enjoying every minute of it (which is quite crucial for Mom and Tye). Heidi and Matt were so incredibly selfless in letting us borrow their room and their crib for the week. They insisted and they slept out on the couches. Thanks Heidi and Matt!! They actually left this morning to head to the City to meet with the Dr. one more time before having Baby Isaac tomorrow. They will be in the City until Saturday. We will get a chance to see them on Friday afternoon sometime, and we are so excited about that. Be checking their blog on Wednesday for pics. Their blog is www.agapeenaccion.blogspot.com. Last night, we had a little party for them and Gencha (our caterer/friend) brought her best linens and covered the chairs and tables with them as we celebrated this blessing from God. It was a really amazing night.

Sorry, I had to scoot out for a second. A bird just flew into the dorm and scared the bejeezus out of me. I scurried in to Tyes room and accidently woke him up from his nap...so had to get him back to sleep and check on the bird. I think (hope) he is out now, or else he is hiding really well. I am a little scared of birds right now after a near dive bombing of about 5 of them on our porch at home and in tight quarters of the dorm, there is no where really for them to go but down towards you and hopefully out the door. So anyway...back to where I was. The team has been fabulous. They are hard workers and have been so helpful. They also love Tye...everyone here is in their 50's or so, so they are all either new grandparents or hoping to be soon, so they are eating Tye up. It has been wonderful so far.

VBS yesterday was great!! The kids were awesome and they are getting so big. You notice when you have not been back or seen them for a year. Jonathan (Arnold's youngest) is 4! I can't believe it. He was just a few months old the first time we met him. Heber and Dina are growing like weeds as well and they were happy to see us as well. Claudia just wanted to play with Tye and he has been so responsive and smiling at everyone. I am thankful that he has not hit one of those stages where he will not have anything to do with anyone but mom and dad. This would not be a good time for that.

Russ went out to the worksite this morning to help out with laying tile with the team. I can't wait to see how it is progressing. Okay, I won't make this any longer than it already is, but I hope you are all having a great week and look forward to hearing how you are doing.

Love,
Bethany, Russ and Tye

No comments: