Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I am exhausted already!!

Okay, so my son has only been crawling and pulling up on things for like 4 days and I am already exhausted!! I say "crawl" loosely, because he actually uses one leg properly and the other leg he kind-of drags behind him. He does use his arms correctly, though. But my definition of crawling is anything that he can do to get himself around anywhere...and he is definitely crawling! Sometimes I even think he is trying to get away from me, because he laughs as I come to get him.

He is also pulling up on everything he can crawl to. I am not sure which one is more challenging, the crawling or the pulling up. Crawling...he just gets to random places, no big deal. Pulling up...the major problem is that he has not mastered the art of getting down, so he either cries to get down or falls down and cries because he hit his head or something.

So with this new stage of life, we have taken many pictures. It will be hard to choose which ones to post, but I think I have a few cute ones for you. I will have to post some video a little later...

Playtime with Dad!



My picture after crawling for the first time.



We finally got Tye together with his cousin, Charley. They are 3.5 months apart. Charley was not so sure about him, if you can't already tell by her face.





Tye pulling up on his dresser, while Dad lowers his mattress to the very bottom. Tye has discovered that he loves his view from the standing position much better than the laying down position in his crib.



THANK GOODNESS FOR OUTLET COVERS!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I bet you ARE worn out! I can't believe Tye is already to that stage! I know my days are numbered!

And I noticed the columns on your island--very cute!

thelittlefields said...

Wow! Those pictures are great! It makes me relish where Josiah is now, instead of looking ahead to the next thing. My mom thinks he might be teething soon and I am NOT prepared for that!! --Kathy