Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!

We celebrated my Great Grandma's 104th birthday on March 8th, up in Fredericksburg. For those of you who have not heard of this historic German town, it is about an hour west-ish of Austin. It is a very touristy town with lots of little antique shops and bed and breakfasts. It is the home of the Nimitz Museum and Enchanted Rock is about a 20 minute drive outside of town. We have been going up there since we were kids and my aunt and uncle have restored and added to my grandma's old house. The whole family can now stay up there at the same time. That is 13 of us total. We had a great time and Grandma got to pick the menu of pork roast, mashed potatoes and a fantastic chocolate cake. Obviously the nursing home cuisine is a bit lacking. Here is the family photo we took at grandma's nursing home as we were heading out of town.




Just for fun, here is a video of Tye laughing hysterically at a tickle session with Russ.



It reminded me a lot of this one...when he was about 5 months.



Since we have been back from F'burg, we have been busy, busy with playdates and rodeo festivities and a wonderful visit from Grammy and Pappa. Here are a few pics to enjoy.

Rascal Flatts at the Rodeo.



Play date with some of Tye's buddies (Joshua, Josiah, and Asher). He has so much fun. You can tell from their sweaty hair and pink cheeks.



I loved this pic. Tye loved watching the little chicks hatch at the Livestock Show. It was so cute...Tye could barely peek his head above the glass, and this little chick appeared to have noticed him and was staring right back at him.



Russ and Tye checking out the huge "taa-ters" (tractors in Tye talk)



Love and blessings,
Bethany

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that Grandma Ethel is making a funny face in the funny family photo!

Desperate 2 Scrap said...

That laugh is priceless...and also that look at the tractor...like...I'm in love! And love them...he does!

Laura said...

I'm so selfish that all I can think about after reading this is.....I want to go see Rascal Flatts....I want to take Selah to the Livestock show with Tye!! We miss you guys. Can't wait to be reunited!